Friday, May 14, 2010

short is in



excuse me, i'm not talking about the li'l woman in malacaƱang. i'm talking about the fmls and wtfs of this world.

i am a self-declared ignoramus in whatever you call this and there's no way for me to know what in heaven's name these fashionable jumble of letters mean without good old reliable google. so here's what i learned from an afternoon of googling, or at least some of them...
lmao - laughing my ass off
loll - laugh out loud literally
ctm - chuckling to myself
wtf - what the f*ck
effin' - f*ckin'
ftw - for the win or f*ck the world
fml - f*ck my life
fyl - f*ck your life
what is this anyway? some form of AB or AB-wannabe jejemonism?

4 comments:

  1. Actually, I do know what these mean! Then again, I hang out with younger people. When they first threw ROFL at me I was like: "Excuse me...rofl?". Later on I learned it meant Rolling on floor laughing. Same thing for LMAO. Oh, well you gotta love them young people. Not sure if I really learnt something actually. Hmmm...I've got to TOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOT? Don't make me look up google again! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I know what you mean, it can be a bit annoying when you get those initials and you don't know what they mean. I didn't know what LOL was when I first came across it a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, "a few years ago" is a lot better than "yesterday". LOL.

    ReplyDelete